School Choice Information


As the parent or guardian of a student currently enrolled in the Walker County School District, you are being notified that under state law, you may request to transfer your child to another public school, within the Walker County School District for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year.

You may request to have your child transferred to another public school outside your area of residence, as long as the school district has determined that there is available classroom space at the requested school after all assigned students have been enrolled. 

Please keep in mind that if you choose to transfer your child to another school, the law requires you to assume all costs and responsibilities related to the transportation of your child to and from the school, as long as your child remains at that school.

The district’s list of schools with available classroom space for the upcoming school year will be posted below prior to July 1, 2017.   In order to process your request you will need to complete and submit the Transfer Request Form. Requests for transfers will not be accepted after the close of business on August 23, 2017.

Transfer requests will be reviewed and approved or denied on the basis of the Walker County Board of Education’s School Choice Framework. Once available classroom space is filled at a school, no more transfers will be accepted at that school.

Since it is possible that you may not receive your first choice, you may indicate more than one choice on the Transfer Request Form.  

If you have questions regarding this message please contact the Student Enrollment Office at 706-375-7947.


School Choice Information and Framework 2017-18

School Choice Transfer Request Form 2017-18

School Choice Schools with Availability